Chinese Fried rice are most popular type of rice and one of my favorites when it comes to having it with Manchurian. I include a lot of veggies to make it more healthy. Vegetables and sauces give it a tempting color and taste. Moreover, it’s really quick to prepare.
Note: Since a lot of people want this recipe before weekend, I am really sorry I don’t have step by step pictures but I promise to upload it soon. 🙂
Recipe for 4 servings (1 cup = 250ml)
- Steamed Rice 3 cups
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 2 tbsp crushed ginger
- 1 onion medium sized, 1-2 green chillies, 2-3 spring onions, 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots, 3/4 cup finely chopped cabbage, 3/4 cup finely chopped french beans
- Salt, 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1-2 tbsp soya sauce
- Make sure you already have boiled/steamed rice which should not be sticky at all. Every grain of it should be fresh and separate. Then only, end result will look pleasant.
- Finely chop all the vegetables. I used chopper to do it. It saves a lot of time and effort. We anyway need it small.
- Heat oil in a pan (kadhai), add chopped garlic, ginger, green chilly and onion to it.
- Saute them for a minute and add chopped carrots, cabbage, spring onions and beans to it.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes but make sure they are not overcooked. They should still be crispy to give it a nice look.
- Now add soya sauce, salt and black pepper to it. Saute it for a minute.
- Now add steamed rice to it and mix well.
- Garnish it with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with Manchurian gravy. Together it’s like ambrosia. 🙂 You can find recipe of Manchurian here. Veg Manchurian