Love Manchurian with Fried rice or Hakka noodles? Guest coming over and want to serve something tempting? Don’t be stupid to spend fortune to satisfy your taste buds. You must be thinking who spends a fortune on food? Well I did till the time I actually tried cooking it.
Manchurian is an Indo Chinese dish mainly prepared with cabbage, capsicum, carrots and spring onions. Me and my friend were addicted to Manchurian and fried rice and didn’t think before spending on it every week. But today after cooking it, I realized how stupid I was to not try it earlier. It’s so damn easy to cook in no time and incredibly delicious. I had some guests coming over this weekend and I decided to try this and I can’t even express in words how happy they were. And what keeps me motivated are happy and satisfied people for whom I cook.
I am sharing it’s recipe with you all and I bet, you won’t dare to order it from outside again. 🙂
Recipe for 4 servings – Medium spicy (1 cup = 250ml)
Ingredients for Manchurian Balls:
- All purpose flour (Maida) 30 gm, 1.5 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, 1/2 cup shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum, 1 green chilly chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder and Salt
Ingredients for Gravy:
- 7-8 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp crushed ginger, 1-2 green chilly optional
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp soya sauce, 1.5 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour, 1 tbsp black pepper powder, salt and water
Procedure with step by step pictures:
- First of all chop carrot, cabbage, capsicum and green chilly as small as possible.
- Add maida, cornflour, salt and black pepper to it. Mix all the ingredients properly and make small round balls from the mixture. Don’t add any water to bind the mixture since water from veggies is enough to bind them.
- Now deep fry the balls until they are slightly brown.
- Drain excess oil from them and keep them aside while you prepare gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp crushed ginger, crushed garlic, chopped green chilly and chopped spring onions to it.
- Cook them for a minute and add soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup to it.
- Cook it for a minute and add 2 cups water, black pepper powder and salt to it. Let it boil.
- Mix 2 tbsp cornflour in 1 cup of water and add it to the gravy. Cornflour helps to make the gravy thick. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. If you feel it’s too thick, add a little bit water.
- Gravy is ready. Add balls just 5 minutes before serving otherwise it will get soggy.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with chinese fried rice or Hakka noodles.
You can find recipe of chinese fried rice here. Chinese Fried Rice