Our best friend in Hostel when hostel food feels like crap!! Mid night snack or breakfast, evening snack or dinner, want something Yum without much efforts?? Macaroni would be the best fit.
Macaroni always makes me nostalgic. It brings a hurricane of memories. I still remember the time when we used to hate hostel food and cooked macaroni (sometimes mixing it with Maggi also). When a friend was sad and grumpy, macaroni was the key to her smile. Macaroni was also a travel partner, cooking macaroni for colleagues, early morning macaroni for fiancee. Oh wow!! I just realized, macaroni is really a close friend of mine. And hence, I am going to share it’s recipe with you so that you can also make a nice friend. It is tempting, loved by everyone, all time favorite and a demanded recipe.
Recipe for 2 persons – Medium spicy
- Macaroni 250 gm ( I prefer shell shaped because onions in the shell are delicious)
- 1 large onion, 1 medium sized capsicum, 1 medium sized tomato, 1 green chilly
- 4-5 tbsp refined oil
- 1/4 tbsp red chilly powder, salt according to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Chopped coriander for garnishing.
Procedure with step by step Pictures:
- Take the amount of macaroni you want to cook.
- Take macaroni in a container, add enough water to it so it can boil, add 1 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp refined oil and put it to boil.
- In the mean while, we can chop vegetables and prepare for the masaala. Chop onion, capsicum and green chilly if you like.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan. And don’t forget to stir the macaroni in between if you don’t want it to get burnt.
- Add onions, green chilly and capsicum to it.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes till they are a bit soft but don’t over cook it.
- Now add the chopped tomato to it and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt and 1/4 tbsp red chilly powder to the pan.
- Macaroni is boiled. Keep checking and stir in between until it’s boiled properly.
- Once done, drain the excess water from it and wash it with cold water thoroughly 2-3 times. Apply a bit of refined oil so that it doesn’t stick and keep it aside.
- Hope the vegetables are cooked properly by now. Add tomato ketchup to it and mix well.
- Now add the boiled macaroni to it.
- Mix well and you are almost done.
- You don’t have to control your hunger anymore. Just garnish it with coriander and serve hot to yourself and others. I bet you will eat your fingers as well.