I am a big fan of fish. Born and brought up in Kolkata, India, fish has always been a part of my daily food menu. Being a foodie myself, I have tasted awesome and diverse fish recipes across eastern Europe and guess what? My love for fish has only grown over the years.
Today I present a quick fish recipe called “Salmon patties”. These are a quick snack and perfect for a lazy Sunday evening starters. All right, now without much talking I’ll dive directly into this mouthwatering recipe.
- Two green chilies (if you want it to be hot and spicy).
- Two cans of Salmon, or a Salmon filet. Remove the skin.
- Two large onions.
- Salt to taste.
- Bread crumbs (This can be ready made or made by grinding dry bread)
- Two eggs.
- Cooking Oil.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Chop the chilies into small pieces.
- Break the eggs and place the eggs in a small bowl.
- If you are using canned salmon, empty them into a bowl and smooth them up using a fork. Remember to get rid of the bones If you are using a filet of salmon then cut the filet into small pieces.
- Take a non stick pan and add some cooking oil. Wait till you see bubbles in the oil.
- If you are using salmon filet, add the pieces of salmon and cook till the fish turns soft. Use a fork to check if the fish can be easily broken up and separated into small chunks. Ignore this step if you use canned salmon. After cooking the salmon bail it out to a dish.
- Throw in the chopped onions and chilies and saute for a few minutes till the onions start turning brown. Add the salmon. Add salt as per taste. Continue cooking till the onions and the salmon are mixed well.
- Place the cooked salmon on a plate and allow it to cool a little.
- When the cooked fish mixture is cooled down and is suitable to touch, make small balls out of it.
- Dip the fish balls made in the step 9 into the eggs. Next dip them into bread crumbs so that the balls are evenly covered with bread crumbs.
- Place the bread crumb coated fish balls in a non stick pan with hot oil. Fry for 3 to 4 mins on each side till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Drain and place on absorbent paper to drain off the extra oil from the fish patties.
- Serve hot with some chilli sauce or curry ketchup.
This is my first ever blog post and I am really curious if the description of the recipe is clear enough to follow. Please feel free to shoot back any questions you have regarding this recipe. I would love you all to try out this quick recipe and let me know if you loved it as much as I do.