Ever been in egg & chicken situation? Leftover rice from last day>>cook more vegetable to finish it>>leftover vegetable now>> cook more rice>> again leftover rice? Well, I never go into such complication. Whenever I have some leftover rice and I want something quick like in 10 minutes, I choose fried rice. They are the quickest way to fulfill your hunger with great satisfaction. And my love for fried rice never fades away, it just grows every time. 🙂
I just shared some pictures of my quick dinner last week and a lot of people asked the recipe for that. I am really happy to share it on demand but I don’t have the step by step pictures right now. I will upload it next time when I cook. But at least here is the recipe for quick food lovers.
Recipe for 2 people
Ingredients: Raw rice 225 gm, Refined oil 2 tbsp, 1 onion (medium sized), 1 tomato (medium sized), 1 small capsicum(green bell pepper), 1 green chilly(optional), 1 carrot(optional), salt, 1/4 tbsp red chilly powder, 1/4 tbsp garam masala, 1/2 tbsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, coriander.
- If you already have boiled rice, you save a lot of time. Else, you need to boil them first. I prefer boiling them in Microwave. Take rice, double amount of water & heat in microwave for 22 minutes on full power.
- Finely slice onion, chop tomato, green chilly and capsicum.
- You can also use carrots, they are nice but take a bit more time.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and carrot to it.
- When they are a little brown(not completely cooked), add tomato, green chilly and capsicum to it.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook them, just check if capsicum and carrot are a bit soft.
- Add salt, garam masala, red chilly powder, pav bhaji masala and tomato sauce to it and mix well.
- Add rice to it and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander. You can also try with some grated paneer. Looks even more pleasing.
Serve with or without curd, both ways it’s awesome. Hope you enjoy this. Try and let me know how was it.