Sabudana? I am not fasting, so I don’t need to read this. Is this the exact thought that crossed your mind? Well, it’s true that we consume sabudana(tapioca) only in Navratri fasts but trust me it’s even better when you do it just any random day.
I was expecting some guests at my place last evening and I was puzzled with what to serve for snacks. I didn’t have much time to go to market and buy groceries and I wanted to make something delicious. I looked in all my cupboards and these leftover sabudana from Navratri grabbed my attention. And I decided to make sabudana cutlets.
They are so crispy from outside that even if they get cold, they are still crispy. My guests just went crazy about these cutlets. I served them with green chutney. It tasted exquisite.
You can also try it easily and quickly with the below recipe.
Ingredients: 2-3 boiled potatoes(medium sized), 80-90 grams sabudana(tapioca pearls), 1-2 green chilies(optional), 2 tbsp(normal size) kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves), 1/4 tbsp garam masala, 1/4tbsp red chilly powder, salt, chaat masala, refined oil for deep frying.
- Soak the sabudana in water for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the water completely from the sabudana. I kept it aside for a while. In the meantime, you can prepare the other stuff.
- Grate the boiled potatoes and add chopped green chilies into it.
- Now add sabudana to it.
- Add 2tbsp kasoori methi, 1/4 tbsp garam masala, 1/4 tbsp red chilly powder and salt according to taste to it.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai for deep frying. Till it gets heated up, perform next step.
- Mix everything well. It appears like a dough.
- Now take some portion of the mixture in your hands and give it your favorite shape. I tried with oval shaped and heart shaped. 😛
- When oil gets heated up, place them in the kadai safely. Make sure the oil was heated up properly. If it’s still cold then cutlets will be too oily to eat.
- When one side gets a bit brown, then flip them over and let them be fried from other side as well. The more you fry, the more crispy they get.
- when they are brown from both sides, take them out after draining extra oil from them.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on it for a super delicious taste. Serve them with green chutney and tomato sauce.
Please try and let us know your feedback. And if you like it, share it with your friends and you can also like our facebook page for more updates.